[Tinycc-devel] Need configuration advice

From: Barath Aron
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Need configuration advice
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 11:51:24 +0200

Hi again,

I've improved a lot of stuff in the operating system that I use tcc in. See further info here: https://threos.io

I'd like to use a newer tcc, with much less patches than before. Currently, we use about a year old tcc with several patches. Some of them is going to be removed, some of them (after some changes) can be pushed in. I need two features in the configure script and little coding in C. The C part is obvious, but I need your advice how to do so in the configure script.
My patch includes these two:
+  --disable-run            disable the -run functionality
+  --disable-bcheck         disable bound checking option
These translated to some C macros, and the corresponding parts are #ifdef'd.
It would be nice to push them to avoid further divergence. With these options the compiler and the compiled program can be smaller, which is always a good thing. It is not necessary to keep the option names (i.e. "--disable-run"), naturally, it can be something different.

Optionally, it is possible to add one more tiny feature into the configure script?
+  --no-long-double         build without long double support
This option converts all "long double"s to "double".

With these I believe I can use a non-patched version of tcc in the future. It would be really great.

Thanks,
Aron