Re: [Tinycc-devel] Reformatting Tinycc source code

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Reformatting Tinycc source code
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 12:57:42 +0100

Tyge Løvset wrote:
I have slowly started to look into the core code of tinycc, but can't
help being annoyed by the inconsistent formatting of the code, in
particular the mixing of tabs and spaces. (sometimes tabs means 4
indents, sometimes 8).

Not anywhere in tcc that I know are tabs equal to anything else
than 8 spaces, visually.

IOW if you would replace all tabs by 8 spaces it would look just
the same, annoying or not annoying.

Here is a suggestion for an Artistic Style -
Would anyone care to review the changes it creates, before a possible
commit? So far it looks good, and I haven't spotted any errors created
by the reformatting so far.

Doesn't really look much different to me except that it seems to create
10233 changes which isn't really the git-blame friendly way of making
not much difference ;)

--- gr