Re: [Tinycc-devel] Grischka last commit breaks some ports

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Grischka last commit breaks some ports
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 14:45:10 +0100

Christian Jullien wrote:
On OpenBSD:

I noticed some tests were excluded but the reasons were say
not really obvious:

Test: 106_pthread...

From it's name it's testing pthreads. OpenBSD appears to have
pthreads. So what is the deal?

Test: 113_btdll...

Seen from the snippet below, tcc does or wants to support
DLL/SO's on OpenBSD:

    #if TARGETOS_OpenBSD ...
            /* add crt end if not memory output */
            if (s1->output_type == TCC_OUTPUT_DLL)
                tcc_add_crt(s1, "crtendS.o");

Test: 114_bound_signal...
^^^^  wait forever

This tests tends to hang on linux too (sometimes),  Might
be an occasion to find out why.

It's more strange on Windows, when I try to build a 32/64bits version
boostrapped from gcc, it builds tcc and two backends.

Can be great to do things differently and to love it but for the
other people I would recommend to try out the busybox pack for tcc
on windows here: http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/tinycc/

-- gr