Re: [Tinycc-devel] Outdated .def files

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Outdated .def files
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 14:06:06 +0200

Christian Jullien wrote:
Hi,
If I regenerate a kernel32.def out of kernel32.dll on my Windows 10 21H1
machine it is 3x times bigger that the one that currently comes with
tcc. (see enclosed)

It means many kernel32 API are not directly available for tcc.

It is probably the same with other .def files

What do you advice ?

Hi Christian,

didn't you already give the answer by your last commit that adds
3 functions to the kernel.def that we currently have.

You would not have done that if you wanted to replace it all together
with a newer version.

Not at least since you recently did promise not to touch the push button
until you actually did find the solution suited to stay for a decent
while without further intervention from either yourself or from other people.

-- grischka