Re: [Tinycc-devel] Can a biggener (and idiot) like me read and understan

From: Ivo van Poorten
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Can a biggener (and idiot) like me read and understand TCC's backend so I can create my own frontend with it?
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 17:51:14 +0100

On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 11:16:54 -0500 Christopher Conforti
<christopher@conforti.xyz> wrote:
> I hope I got this all straight, and I hope it helps!

Yes, you basically nailed it. If you have a parser for language, you
can either execute it directly in the language your parser
is written in (interpreter), or output intermediate code or assembly or
object code directly (like tcc does).

Writing a compiler starts with writing a parser for your language. What
you do after that (interpret or generate code) is of second concern.
Hope the OP understands that.

Regards,
Ivo