Re: [Tinycc-devel] rv32 support in tcc

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] rv32 support in tcc
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 06:39:15 +0100

Interesting,

Googling a little bit, I've found that "Risc 64-bit architecture has the same
Instruction length (32bits) but the registers of the CPU are 64 bits wide
instead of being 32 bits wide as in risc 32-bit versions."
If they are close, I wonder if it is possible to have a single set of riscv
files that handle 32/64 using a command line flag -m32/-64 to handle the (few?)
cases where code generation differs?
I would say if 90% of the generated code is common, it may be interesting to
handle 32/64 in the same files.

M2c

Christian.