[Tinycc-devel] Tcc port for 65c816 cpu

From: Retro Antho
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Tcc port for 65c816 cpu
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 11:14:20 +0000

Hello,

There are more than 10 years, a developer took tcc and adpted it to have a port for 65c816 cpu (used by the super nintendo console).
This port is functional but miss some functionalities has never been really improved with more recent versions.

We use it to convert .c files to asm in a library which helps to create games on super nintendo :
https://github.com/alekmaul/pvsneslib/tree/master/compiler/tcc-65816

I compared the last version code with the current one we are using but it do not seems easy to update it (and to have a 64b version!).

Do i have any chance to have one day an official port for this cpu ?

I saw the unofficial fork here: https://github.com/TinyCC/tinycc
And some docs https://bellard.org/tcc/tcc-doc.html

But any tutorial or link to help understand how to make a port will be appreciated :)

Thanks