tlf-devel

Re: IC-7610

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: IC-7610
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:16:25 +0100

Hi Juanjo,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 11:28:34AM +0000, Juanjo EA8BGO wrote:
> Hamlib 3.3 I installed it from source.
>
> With $ ./configure --with-python-binding it gives me error:
> hecking python extra linking flags ... -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl, -O1
> -Wl, -Bsymbolic-functions
> checking consistency of all components of python development environment
> ... no
> configure: error: in `/home/juanjo/hamlib-3.3 ':
> configure: error:
>   Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has
> been
>   installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
>   via the LIBS environment variable.
>   Example: ./configure LIBS = "- L / usr / non-standard-path / python / lib"
>   ===========================================================================
>    ERROR!
>    You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
>    for your distribution. The exact name of this package varies among them.
>   ===========================================================================

that's why I wrote you may have to install the
python3-dev|python-dev package to your system.

> Otherwise, with $ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2 runs without problem.

hmm...

I should rebuild the python module from source, than mixing the
source/package versions. Eg. IMHO python-libhamlib2 depends on
Hamlib, so I assume now you have two libhamlib.so on your
system...

> I have made a new video, you can see that things are the same.
> https://youtu.be/-IElZwiiYJE

first, clean this situation - only one hamlib can be on your
system, and the Python module must be depends only that.

What is the result of this command?

find /usr/ -iname "_Hamlib.so" -exec ldd {} \; | grep hamlib

73, Ervin