tlf-devel

Multiplier Lists in Rules File?

From: Alan Dove
Subject: Multiplier Lists in Rules File?
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 17:34:24 -0400

Hey, folks:

I'm setting up for the New England QSO Party, which starts tomorrow,
and have gotten things mostly working. I'm trying to build a rules file
for it, though, and am confused about the MULT_LIST setting.

For background, New England stations in the NEQP must log the whole
exchange (county-state), but we only get multiplier credit per state.
Only stations outside New England get the county multipliers. That
means I'll be logging, for example, HMD MA and MID MA, but I need both
of them to count only for MA. That means the WYSIWYG_MULTIBAND setting
won't work.

Looking at the manual pages, I think I can accomplish this with aliases
in MULT_LIST. To test it out, I first tried uncommenting this line in
the sample rules template:

MULT_LIST=us_canada_states

but that didn't seem to do anything. I figured out that file doesn't
exist in my installation (built from the release tarball source), so I
created it and put it in /usr/local/share/tlf. Unfortunately, TLF still
doesn't seem to use it. Logging a few contacts with state abbreviations
scores zero multipliers. The file I created is just a text file called
us_canada_states, with one state abbreviation per line as specified in
the manual.

So how do I get the MULT_LIST to work properly? Is there a rules file
that provides a good example of a working state QSO party setup? Better
still, does anyone have a working rules file for the NEQP inside New
England?

Thanks.

--
          --Alan (AB1XW)