toad-devel

[Toad-devel] Hullo!

From: Michael Goetze
Subject: [Toad-devel] Hullo!
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:22:56 +0000

Hi folks,

I'm certainly interested in a project such as TOAD... not just for go,
but also for diplomacy, which has exactly the same problem as go: All
tournament management software for it is freely redistributable, but not
free software, and works only on Wi****s.

However, I don't really want to learn Python... I'd be much happier if
things were in Haskell, Perl, or C (but then I'm not generally a very
productive coder anyhow...)

So, will TOAD possibly be useful for people who want to run games with
seven players per game as well? :) (I have considerable expertise on the
various scoring and pairing systems involved.)

Of course, it would be great if the program were as modular as possible,
so I could, say, write a MacMahon module in Haskell without having to
look at any Python gooey code...

Regards,
Michael

--
All bridge hands are equally likely, but some are more equally likely
than others.