toon-members

[Toon-members] blas, lapack needing gfortran and MAIN__

From: Paul Smith
Subject: [Toon-members] blas, lapack needing gfortran and MAIN__
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:52:45 +0100

TooN  doesn't work out of the box on my new SuSe 10.1 system:

- f2c complains about not being able to find MAIN__ (both in the
configure script for libcvd and, if that is commented out, when linking
my program)
- when blas tries to link, it complains about not being able to find
_gfortran_st_write and some other _gfortran_st_* functions.

I've been able to fix this by also linking with -lgfortran and by defining

extern "C"
{
  void MAIN__() {}
}

somewhere in my source code.

Has anyone else had similar problems, and done some fixes? It should be
a simple matter to change the libcvd configure script (and my own one)
to also check whether gfortran is needed or not, but the MAIN__ problem
is a bit more difficult. Thoughts anyone?

(If it makes any difference, I'm using
gcc 4.1.0-25
blas 3.0-939
lapack 3.0-939