toon-members

[Toon-members] Toon 2.0-Beta 1 now here.

From: E. Rosten
Subject: [Toon-members] Toon 2.0-Beta 1 now here.
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:11:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hello all TooN users!

The first beta of TooN 2 is now done.

All the basic matrix and vector facilities are available, so slicing, indexing, addition, multiplication and so on work.

All of the non basic features, like helpers.h, se3, wls, etc will require some work, since they're written in old TooN style.

New TooN style is like this:

template<int Size, class Precision, class Base> void foo(Vector<Size, Precision,
Base>);

The above function will work for ALL vector types: normal, dynamic, slices of vectors rows of matrices, etc, etc. A similar pattern is used for Matrix.

If you're on GCC >= 4.3.0 I _strongly_ recommend you switch to this version and help me fix it up, since the old TooN will not work reliably.

Note that the new TooN is rather more featureful (it supports different precision types and is close to supporting half-dynamic matrices) and still weighs in at about half the length of the old TooN.

-Ed

--
(You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)(http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~er258)

/d{def}def/f{/Times s selectfont}d/s{11}d/r{roll}d f 2/m{moveto}d -1
r 230 350 m 0 1 179{ 1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s 12
    d f pop 235 420 translate 0 0 moveto 1 2 scale show showpage