toon-members

Re: [Toon-members] Status?

From: Gerhard Reitmayr
Subject: Re: [Toon-members] Status?
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:30:37 +0100

not sure if you got a reply yet, here is my point of view:

yes it works in general:
- individual bits are not yet ported (e.g. SVD) but can be easily when one needs them.
- libcvd works fine now as well (after the changes we checked in today)
- tag should work (not much tested yet)

porting gvars would be great, probably not much work.

general rules to porting:

the most general case for a function taking a vector is:
template <int Size, typename Precision, typename Base> void f( const Vector<Size, Precision, Base> & v);

for matrix
template <int R, int C, typename Precision, typename Base> void f( const Matrix<R,C, Precision, Base> & v);

don't do different cases for dynamic/fixed ones, but include a size check in the beginning of a function like this:

SizeMismatch<R, Value>::test(r, value);

this will either test R against Value at compile time (if R != -1 && Value != -1) or r against value at run time (for dynamic stuff).

cheers,
  Gerhard