toon-members

[Toon-members] Template Return Function

From: Gabriel Nützi
Subject: [Toon-members] Template Return Function
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:32:22 +0100

Hello all,...

I have a question which I could (with my bare knowledge about templates) not solve

I would like to have a TooN function which does the fallowing

template < int N, typename Base > Matrix< 6 , N , double, Base> myFunction( int a ) ;

What I would like is to have as a return value a matrix which size is defined in myFunction()....
and an assignment like this some how

Matrix<6,Dynamic,double> A = myFunction( 4 ); // Does not work, can not deduce template arguments or something like that, (VB 2008)

Is this possible or how should I do this with a dynamic return value which size is determined by myFunction?

Thanks a lot for all answers!!

Regards Gabriel