toon-members

[Toon-members] Problem with const correctness fix/Jan 11, 2010

From: Ville Kyrki
Subject: [Toon-members] Problem with const correctness fix/Jan 11, 2010
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:32:48 +0000

Hi,

I've been passing a slice to SO3::exp() as a parameter
and the const correctness fixes on Jan 11 seem to have
broken that.

Example:

void foo(TooN::Vector<6>& v)
{
        TooN::SO3<double>::exp(v.slice<3,3>());
}

is broken currently (I don't know if it's supposed to work,
but it did earlier). slice can be of course avoided with a
temporary vector, but using slice would make things nicer.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that the fix would need
to be made in so3.h, although SO3::exp was already
parametrized with the precision parameter (as suggested
in the comment to the const correctness fix):
template <typename Prec>
template <int S, typename VA>
SO3<Prec>::exp(const Vector<S,Prec,VA>& w)

Best,
Ville