toon-members

Re: [Toon-members] TooN license on Savannah

From: Gerhard Reitmayr
Subject: Re: [Toon-members] TooN license on Savannah
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 22:59:58 +0200

hmmmm, I don't get the wording of that either. linking -> GPL, but linking ->
do what you want :)

I am two minds about licenses for TooN/libcvd...

On the one hand, I think that companies can replicate the functionality in
TooN, if they want to. so a more liberal license would be ok to just support
its uptake.

On the other hand, the LGPL/GPL licensing of TooN already created some offers
at least for Cambridge which might otherwise not be made.

So I can't really decide... looks like the GPL way does help...

cheers,
  Gerhard