toutdoux-list

[ToutDoux-list] inaction

From: Austin Acosta
Subject: [ToutDoux-list] inaction
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:01:29 +0800

This has raised the alarm bells for IBM and Sun though, and that's why we see the latest smear campaign kicking into gear.
Imagine a Lithuanian citizen wants to have medical care in Germany. Another example given is the use of XSL-FO. Semantic: then the database data that says things like name, address, allergies, medical history, etc. For one to assume that all the great thinking and tough problems in the Office document space have already been handled since then is ridiculous. may not line up from one DB to the next meaning that even if the data can actually move between the two systems, it may not be able to be interpreted once it gets there. Provides the steps to edit the
It wasn't specifically designed for representing math in a wordprocessing document, but instead math in general.
Most of those governments understand that Office Open XML is on the verge of becoming an international standard as well and it serves a very important purpose that ODF doesn't.
Most of those governments understand that Office Open XML is on the verge of becoming an international standard as well and it serves a very important purpose that ODF doesn't. Any implementer has the freedom to pick which part of the spec they want to support. I'm saying this after reading their claims that the spec is too complex and therefore not interoperable, which is just ridiculous. Another example given is the use of XSL-FO.
It's a brilliant approach, and that shows why there are IBM vice-presidents flying around talking to governments about the need to mandate ODF. Only applications who want to compete by bringing everyone down to their level would actually want features removed.
Even more interesting though, to date there aren't any ODF wordprocessing applications out there that even support all of MathML. One of the other justifications I've heard for the ODF spec being so much smaller is that it reuses other standards.
Tech: the computers that hold this info have to be able to connect and communicate as a start. We didn't plan on supporting it, but we had no problem with other people using it. It's kind of funny though that many of the issues he raises are even worse in the ODF spec.
What's the easiest way to compete with another product that has a richer set of features?
However, the hook function is receiving messages and the dialog box window does exist.
It wasn't specifically designed for representing math in a wordprocessing document, but instead math in general. That's fine and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
The doctors in Germany want the patient's medical and insurance records.
One of the other justifications I've heard for the ODF spec being so much smaller is that it reuses other standards. It could be that this is more innocent and that instead there is just a lack of technical knowledge. Nor, what the role of government is in this process.
We want choice; IBM and Sun on the other hand absolutely want to block choice. I'm saying this after reading their claims that the spec is too complex and therefore not interoperable, which is just ridiculous. That's fine and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It looks like they're stepping up their push to try make ODF the only choice in file formats.