tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] Segmentation fault

From: Chris Lightfoot
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] Segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:01:38 +0100

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 03:13:59PM +0200, Jens Kutilek wrote:
> I tried to install tpop3d on Debian Linux / PowerPC. At first it didn't
> run at all, but it was better after I applied the two changes to main.c
> that were posted here last month.
> But though, tpop3d causes a segmentation fault:
> # tpop3d -d -v
> listener_new: gethostbyaddr(): cannot resolve name
> Segmentation fault
>
> The call gethostbyaddr() exists, even on PowerPC ;-) But I think that
> is only a warning and not related to the segfault, right?
> Any ideas? What can I do to give more information about the crash? I
> don't know very much about programming & debugging.
>
> By the way, the lines I changed in main.c were:
> 487    char *configfile = "/etc/tpop3d.conf";
> 488    int na, c;
> 494    while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, optstring)) != -1) {
>
> Hope I did it right ...

There were a couple of other bug fixes which I will
package up into a new release; this could be a
manifestation of the same problem. I will send an email to
the list when this is done, and hopefully that will
resolve it.

--
 ``The effect of a bisection will in effect create
   two separate monopolies.'' (Judge Jackson, Microsoft antitrust hearing)