tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss] How to setup a hashed directory structure?

From: William Devine, II
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss] How to setup a hashed directory structure?
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 17:04:09 -0500

I have a virtual hosting site and have user accounts setup in 'hashed' directories based on their first two username characters.
IE   username of       william
would be under /home/httpd/userpages/w/wi/william
and referenced as http://www.whateversite.com/william/
and I then use mod_rewrite and a perl script to rewrite    william     to /w/wi/william
I want to be able to deposit user's email into a subdirectory called '.mail' under /w/wi/william .  I'd then have a rule in apache to disable download of this directory or any files under it (just in case.)  Then all email for that user would be dropped inside this directory so it will count against their quota when the upload additional files for their website.

Possible?

thanx!
William