tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] auth-mysql config error

From: Prune
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] auth-mysql config error
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:28:36 +0200

Hi,

try to add
/usr/local/mysql/include
or
/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql

to the CFLAGS (or CPPFLAGS) with -I :

export CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/mysql/include"

I saw configure add the -L flag. also add to LDFLAGS :
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -R/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql" (solaris only)
also add it to LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

Cheers,

Prune

Robert Hough wrote:
Apologies if this has been a repeated question, but I didn't have much
luck finding my answer in the archives.

I'm attempting to configure and build tpop3d with the auth-mysql
enabled, but have been running into some problems. The configure
script keeps telling me that it is unable to find the libmysqlclient
library, yet it exists. I'm not too familiar with Solaris, so I suppose
it could easily be my ignorance with the OS. I had no problems getting
this built under FreeBSD. It builds fine if I remove auth_mysql, but
we want to use the sql support.

address@hidden uname -a
SunOS cenote 5.7 Generic_106541-19 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-4

address@hidden tpop3d-1.3.5]$ ./configure --enable-auth-mysql \
--with-mysql-root=/usr/local/mysql \
--disable-cclient-locking

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... config/install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql)
works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql) is
a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for library containing socket... -lsocket
checking for gethostbyname... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for pam_start in - lpam... yes
checking for main in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: vmail-sql authentication enabled, but can't find
libmysqlclient

address@hidden tpop3d-1.3.5]$ ls -1 /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient*
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0

address@hidden tpop3d-1.3.5]$ ls -1 /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql.h
/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql.h