tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d 1.5.1pre2 (with TLS support)

From: Ben Schumacher
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d 1.5.1pre2 (with TLS support)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:17:20 -0700

Chris Lightfoot wrote:
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 04:10:15PM -0700, Ben Schumacher wrote:

Chris Lightfoot wrote:

| That's wierd. I don't fully understand the TLS stuff. With
| Outlook Express, I can download messages fine (though it's
| a bit slow). With Mozilla, it works most of the time, but
| sometimes gives me a `bad write retry' error. I don't see
| why this should happen, since I think I got the TLS state
| machine right. What a pain....

I'll take a look at it later today, Chris. I have a pretty good grasp of
how TLS stuff works, so I might be able to come up with something. I'll
let you know if I come up with something useful.

Excellent. Is there a good reference somewhere? I've been
using the Eric Rescorla tutorial, but it's not the best
documentation I've ever read....

Not really. I grabbed the O'Reilly SSL book. And I've had a lot of experience debugging issues when they come up. Sort of gives you an organic knowledge base.

Cheers,

bs.