tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss] Compiling with MySQL Support

From: Hugh I Buchanan
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss] Compiling with MySQL Support
Date: 16 Dec 2002 18:15:53 -0800

Greetings,

I have several servers running Exim 3.x and tpop3d.  They are running
with SQL support and work quite well.

I am trying to set up my newest server, but I am having some problems
getting it to compile.

I am using the MySQL binary distribution from mysql.com.  I need to use
this particular copy, I can't use a version from source.  It has its
libraries in /usr/local/mysql/lib and headers in
/usr/local/mysql/include.  I have symlinked it to be teh same as
/usr/local/include/mysql and /usr/local/lib/mysql.

My configure command is:
./configure --enable-auth-pam --enable-auth-mysql \
--with-mysql-root=/usr/local

For a while it was detecting mysql.h just fine (and was failing on
mysql_init), but now it can't seem to find mysql.h either.  I am not
sure what I broke.

mysqlclient is detected, so my thinking is that the library is okay.. it
is just the headers.

I've tried changing the configure script to handle the LDFLAGS in a
different way:
    LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L$mysql_root/lib"
        CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I$mysql_root/include"

But that didn't seem to help, it still can't find mysql.h.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hugh

--
Hugh I Buchanan <address@hidden>