tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] 1.4.2 auth_mysql patch

From: Chris Lightfoot
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] 1.4.2 auth_mysql patch
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:28:40 +0000

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 10:02:02PM -0800, Stephen Friedl wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> This is a patch to tpop3d-1.4.2 to fix a fatal error in the mySQL
> module. The current code does not check to insure that the data from
> either of:
>
>       auth-mysql-pass-query
>
>       auth-mysql-apop-query
>
> are not NULL - if this happens, tpop3d simply exits with a SIGSEGV,
> and this is not very helpful (no logging is done). I've added a
> "valid_mysql_params()" function that checks the four params in both
> places and logs a more helpful message when NULL is found. I also added
> local temp variables for row[0] .. row[3] so their purpose was a bit
> more clear.

-- this was fixed for the case of row[1] (the password)
before, and I've added a fix for row[2] (the UID). I think
that it's valid -- though not documented -- for the
mailbox and mboxdrv to be NULL, though.

--
``You've got to remember most anarchists don't get up that early....''
  (Tony Harris, chairman of the Metropolitan Police Authority,