tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss] File locks and dead processes problems

From: Ryan Brown
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss] File locks and dead processes problems
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:55:44 -0400

I have been using tpop3d for about 2 years now and never ran into this problem until recently with version 1.4.2 (Same version is working fine on other servers of mine).

Basically I am having 2 different problem which may or may not be related. The first is  file locks. IT seems that mailoxes are locked and the lock is never removed on certain accounts (just under 1 domain, no problems with any of the other domains I am hosting).

The 2nd problem has to do with dead processes. Every few days tpop3d seems to hang and crash the server. The result is a bunch of "D" processes of tpop3 children that never finish and close, so they back up and soon the server load is at 20 due to a bunch of D tpop3d processes.

I have tried recompiling tpop3d on the server and it did not fix the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have you seen this before?

Thanks in advance

Ryan