tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] logging number of messages popped etc... ?

From: Chris Lightfoot
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] logging number of messages popped etc... ?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:43:11 +0100

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 12:38:19AM +1000, Andrew Nelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've moved from qpopper to tpop3d because I wanted to use the
> auth-perl and mysql.  I miss qpopper's log format showing the number
> of messages downloaded, messages left on server, bytes etc etc..
>
> Is there any way to get tpop3d logging this kind of information
> to mysql?

No. tpop3d doesn't do logging to MySQL at present, sadly,
nor are statistics of the type you describe logged. It
would be fairly easy to add them; I've noted this in the
TODO list. I'm not sure how MySQL logging would fit in.

Have you looked at the tpop3dtraffic script in the
distribution? This may be a useful start for some of the
information you want.

--
Free, a., already paid for. (Peyton Jones)