tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d pauses during high I/O or CPU access

From: Daniel Lilienberg
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d pauses during high I/O or CPU access
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:05:22 +0200

Hi!

I have this problem with tpop3d (1.5.3).  When I do a backup under the night
(tar with gzip), this takes approx. 15 minutes.  During this time, tpop3d on
port 110 wont answer.   As soon as the backup is done, it works again.

Same issue when running gcc... or any intensive CPU / I/O program.  The
hardware is a compaq server Pentium 4 / 2.4 Xeon, 512MB/74GB SCSI in raid.

Note:  I also run sendmail on this machine, and it works properly as if no
other program is running on the machine!

//Daniel