tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d needs fork?

From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss]tpop3d needs fork?
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 17:26:34 +0200

On Sunday 02 of September 2007, Richard Smith wrote:
> Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
> > Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > > No idea what's happening with Chris but it looks like he
> > > abandoned > tpop3d :-(
> >
> > Yeah, long time no read. (Not here, at least.)
> >
> > > I'm thinking about forking tpop3d (under the same name)
> > > and releasing what's in cvs so at least it won't die...
> >
> > Allready thought about that too, but unfortunately I have
> > nowhere near enough time to maintain tpop3d or even to
> > apply patches...  :o( (Besides that I lost my password for
> > CVS-write... :o)
> >
> > Chris, could you possibly comment on your plans for
> > tpop3d?
>
> Sorry for the long delay in replying; I've only just noticed
> this message.
>
> I'm sorry to report that Chris died on 11 Feb 2007.

That's very sad news :(

[...]
> To the best of my knowledge, no-one has yet taken over
> maintaining tpop3d.

I'm interested in keeping tpop3d alive. First task would be probably moving
repository to some place which isn't going to disappear (code.google.com,
sourceforge.net, berlios.de, something else?) and where other people could
get write rights.

Does anyone have copy of server side tpop3d cvs repository?
(pserver:address@hidden:/home/chris/vcvs/repos)

--
Arkadiusz Miƛkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team