Custom multi-hop methods?

From: Dan L. Pierson
Subject: Custom multi-hop methods?
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:43:02 -0000

Is there any easy way to create a custom multi-hop method?  For example,
I do development and admin work on a number of remote machines.  I just
installed the version 2.0.24 of Tramp (thanks a lot!  It's wonderful!) and
spent 10 minutes or so figuring out that I needed a pathname like the
following to edit a remote file as root using sudo:

 /multi:ssh:address@hidden:sudo:address@hidden:/path/to/file

I'd really like to be able to abbreviate the above to:

 /sshr:foo.bar:/path/to/file

Thanks,

Dan Pierson