Re: problems with tramp 2.0.12 and 2.0.24 on xemacs

From: Bruce Lowekamp
Subject: Re: problems with tramp 2.0.12 and 2.0.24 on xemacs
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 13:04:22 -0400

--On Saturday, October 05, 2002 11:22:22 PM +0200 Kai Großjohann <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm now guessing that the problem comes from jde-root-dir-p which has
a special case for Ange-FTP but not for Tramp.

My guess is that it would work to add another kludge in that function
for Tramp, but I think that the function could be improved so that it
does not need (so many) kludges.

Let me talk to the JDE folks.

Kai,
Thanks for tracking this down to the JDE code. I know you posted another fix to the jde-users list, but my favorite fix (since all I really want to do is edit JDE files) is:

(require 'jde)
(defun jde-find-project-file (dir) nil)

in init.el

Bruce