chmod after file write

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: chmod after file write
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:39:08 -0400

Very often I need to do a chmod for specific files after saving them,
for instance I would like a rule that all files matching

.*lifelogs.com:.*html

should have permissions "a+r" set after writing.  I don't want to set
the umask open for all new files on this host, so I can't do it
through the shell variables.  Is there a hook I can use in tramp, and
a command I can run in that hook to do what I want?

dired-do-command works, but I can't find a way to invoke it
automatically; it currently takes its arguments from the dired buffer
which is not what I want.  I want this to be automatically done for
all files I save with tramp.

Thanks
Ted