directory-files-and-attributes

From: Tim Connors
Subject: directory-files-and-attributes
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:55:26 +1000 (EST)

In followup to trying to get tramp re-working for me (under xemacs), I
just cvs-updated again - and noticed a changelog entry from 2002-10-14:
        tramp.el (tramp-end-of-output): Use a random value which
        includes "///".  The "///" makes sure that the string can't occur
        during normal operation, the random value makes it unlikely that
        it occurs in random shell-command output.

This now causes problems for me, with directory-files-and-attributes not
having a function definition. I just searched the web, and found that may
be a depreciated function call under emacs, and probably never existed
under xemacs.

Not knowing much (well, emacs) lisp, what would be a quick workaround?

Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic
angular momentum.