Re: Success: native Emacs 21.1.1 with Cygwin openssh on Windows XP

From: Patrick Dehne
Subject: Re: Success: native Emacs 21.1.1 with Cygwin openssh on Windows XP
Date: 25 Oct 2002 20:01:28 +0200

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Patrick Dehne <address@hidden> writes:

> > The passphrase prompt from ssh confuses Emacs or Tramp. I was able to get
> > rid of the passphrase prompt from ssh using ssh-agent and ssh-add.
>
> Can you show me a *debug tramp/foo* buffer and a *tramp/foo* buffer
> for the case where the passphrase prompt confuses Tramp?  It should
> work.  So I'm guessing a regular expression is slightly wrong somewhere.

Start emacs from windows or the cygwin bash prompt without using
ssh-agent I get the following tramp buffers:

*debug tramp/nil address@hidden:
# Opening connection for address@hidden using nil...
# Waiting for prompts from remote shell
# Waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell

*tramp/nil address@hidden is empty.

Using the builtin emacs shell with 'ssh address@hidden' I get the
infamous "Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not
a terminal" message.

Using 'ssh address@hidden -t -t' in the emacs shell emacs hangs until I
press C-c.

--