Tramp fails from Mac OS X to Mandrake system

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Tramp fails from Mac OS X to Mandrake system
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:13:04 -0600

I'm using XEmacs 21.5b9 within XDarwin on my Mac OS X system.  I can't
access remote files on a Mandrake Linux system using tramp.  My debug buffer
shows:

    # Opening connection at manatee.mojam.com using nil...
    # Waiting for prompts from remote shell
    # Waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell

and my tramp/nil buffer shows

    Last login: Fri Jan 10 08:02:58 2003 from titan.itcs.northwestern.edu

    %
%

I was trying to visit /[manatee.mojam.com]/home/www/htdocs.  My default
method is rsync.  This is with the current CVS version of tramp, though
results with tramp as delivered with XEmacs 21.5 are similar.

Any suggestions?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro