tramp /NT-Emacs problems

From: Patrik Jonsson
Subject: tramp /NT-Emacs problems
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:40:49 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to run tramp 2.0.28 with NT-emacs 20.6, but I'm having some trouble. When I try to find a file, after hitting return (hitting tab to start filename completion used to start tramp with my old tramp 2.0.6, but now only yields the message
"Not a Tramp Filename: c:/seaborg:junk.c"
if I try to find the file /seaborg:junk.c. Is this normal?) tramp will start up, log into the remote host but finally hang at this point:

$ # Setting shell prompt
$ PS1='
///:ŒÚT‘*iU¾BßK,™
'; PS2=''; PS3=''

I think what happens is that the prompt string it's trying to set (which looks ridiculous to me!), has an unfinished quote and causes the shell to hang. at least that's what happens if I tried to manually paste that prompts string into a shell window.

Anyone have any ideas why it wants to set this prompt? What's wrong with the "$ " that it sets it to initially when first logging in?

Any hints appreciated!

/Patrik J.
Patrik Jonsson                                  (831) 459-3809
Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064

This message has been written using a voice recognition system.
Words that don't make sense or not the fault of the author...