Re: filename completion ntemacs cygwin latest tramp - problem with eieio

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: filename completion ntemacs cygwin latest tramp - problem with eieio ?
Date: 30 Jan 2003 12:02:42 +0100

"Thomas Haselberger" <address@hidden> writes:

> strange. I moved the original ange-ftp.elc out of the way,
> applied your patch and tried to reproduce the problem
> (password prompt from ange-ftp when trying to complete filename) -
> this was not possible - no problem occuring,
> completion works as expected.
>
> switched back to original ange-ftp.el - problem is there again.
>
> any ideas why this happens ?

Strange indeed. The patch intends to raise an error when Ange-FTP is
putting its handler into file-name-handler-alist. Either another
package has put Ange-FTP there (but which?), or the error hasn't been
signalled to you. Did you see something in *Messages*? Could you take
the (error "Ange-FTP started") outside the condition, so you will be
signalled always Ange-FTP is loaded?

> regards,
>       tom

Best regards, Michael.