Re: question on tramp?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: question on tramp?
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 19:57:28 +0200

Marc D Bumble <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is the whole load of debug info.  I am not sure how much directly
> applies.  The  password is being entered properly.   normal ssh works.

It's very useful indeed.  Your *tramp/foo* buffer shows this:

/----
| Don't interfere with the stranger's style.
| mylogin has logged on pts/0 from 07-099.024.popsite.net.
| mylogin has logged on pts/2 from 07-099.024.popsite.net.
| [/home/mylogin] mylogin
    21 mymachine:
\----

I'm guessing that the last line (even though it's really long -- it
seems to go from "[/home/mylogin]" to "mymachine:" and includes lots
of whitespace) must be your shell prompt.  Is this correct?

Tramp can't really know what's the shell prompt, so it needs help
from you.  You need to set tramp-shell-prompt-pattern or
shell-prompt-pattern to something that matches your shell prompt.

You can also change your shell prompt, of course :-)
Tramp sets $TERM to "dumb", if that helps.

Was this it?
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)