Re: Cygwin emacs, tramp, and kerberos

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Cygwin emacs, tramp, and kerberos
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:05:56 +0200

Charles Plager <address@hidden> writes:

> When I try to edit a file on certain computers, the first file I load
> works fine. When I try to load a second file, I get:
>
> ssh_askpass: exec(/tmp/openssh/libexec/ssh-askpass): No such file or
> directory
> Write failed: Cannot send after transport endpoint shutdown

Most interesting behavior.  I've never seen this before.  Please do
the following:

* start Emacs
* (setq tramp-debug-buffer t)
* (setq tramp-verbose 10)
* open a file
* put the contents of the *debug tramp/foo* buffer in a safe place
  or put a marker at the end or something
* open a second file
* get the new contents of the *debug tramp/foo* buffer that were
  added by opening the second file
* get the contents of the *tramp/foo* buffer

Send the *debug tramp/foo* buffer stuff, and indicate which part is
from open the first file and which part is from opening the second
file.  Also send the *tramp/foo* buffer.

When opening files, please try to avoid filename completion -- it
just clutters the *debug tramp/foo* buffer I guess.

Also, what method do you use?

Are the two files from the same host?

I hope we can squash that bug.
--