Re: Tramp on Windows with plink?

From: Eduardo Muñoz
Subject: Re: Tramp on Windows with plink?
Date: 24 May 2003 00:56:14 +0200

* address@hidden (Kai Großjohann)
| Is there anyone besides Bruce Ingalls using Tramp on Windows with
| plink?  He reports that the plink password prompt eats the last two
| characters sent, so (setq tramp-password-end-of-line "xx") actually
| works for him.  Note that this value contains neither \r nor \n!

I use plink to connect from W2K to a Debian box.  It works
OK using a password or with Pageant (PuTTy authentication
agent)

tramp-version's value is "2.0.33"
emacs-version's value is "21.3.1"

These are the relevant settings from my .emacs:

(require 'tramp)
(setq tramp-auto-save-directory "d:/temp"
      tramp-default-method "plink"
      tramp-password-end-of-line "\r\n")

--
Eduardo Muñoz          | (prog () 10 (print "Hello world!")
http://213.97.131.125/ |          20 (go 10))