Multi-hop syntax on XEmacs?

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Multi-hop syntax on XEmacs?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:48:24 -0500

I'm trying to use a multi-hop sequence in XEmacs.  I must have muffed
something.  Here's what I tried:

    /[multi:rsync:manatee.mojam.com:su:address@hidden/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

It tells me it's trying to connect to "[multi" via ftp.  Given that this

    /[rsync/manatee.mojam.com]/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

works I then tried

    /[multi/rsync/manatee.mojam.com/su/address@hidden/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

and

    /[multi/rsync:address@hidden/su:address@hidden/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

but they also failed.

The Multi-hop filename conventions node in the Info system reads:

       The syntax of multi-hop file names is necessarily slightly different
    than the syntax of other TRAMP file names.  Here's an example multi-hop
    file name, first in Emacs syntax and then in XEmacs syntax:

It then displays the Emacs example:

     /multi:rsh:address@hidden:telnet:address@hidden:/path/to.file

but never shows an XEmacs example.  See

    http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/packages/html/tramp_5.html

for the full info node.  A google search for "tramp multi-hop xemacs" didn't
yield any concrete examples either.

What's the magic incantation to do multi-hop methods on XEmacs?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/