Re: question about password prompt

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: question about password prompt
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:34:53 +0100

Alex Koval <address@hidden> writes:

> Anybody knows how to re-enter password? If password is mis-types
> (either for ssh/ftp) then neither tramp or efs (ange-ftp) will ask
> again for the password. Where the password is stored ? May be I can
> set some variable ?

It is clearly a bug (or a missing feature) that Tramp doesn't ask for
the password again.

You can kill the corresponding *tramp/foo* buffer, then Tramp will
attempt another connection.

Hm.

Actually, Tramp knows to respond to various questions from the remote
host, so maybe it is sufficient to add the "bad password, try again"
questions in that list?  When you attempt a connection to the remote
host and mistype the password, what does the server then say?  (You
might try this outside of Emacs.)

Kai