Re: Find out last modtime of a file?

From: Tim Connors
Subject: Re: Find out last modtime of a file?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:55:07 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> In addition to invoking Perl and the /usr/bin/stat (or /bin/stat?)
> program, which other ways can you think of to find the last modtime of
> a file?
> Solaris 2.6 does not appear to have the command.

Agreed: SunOS hera 5.7 Generic_106541-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

However, I do use stat.c attached (only tested on the above - I'm lazy too
;)
Any system worth it's beef would have a C compiler, no? cache the compiled
file somewhere in /tmp

double value;                /* or your money back! */
short changed;               /* so triple your money back! */
             -- Larry Wall in cons.c from the perl source code