Re: multihop with su

From: pascal carrie
Subject: Re: multihop with su
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:34:14 +0200 (CEST)

sorry but my english is not so good
i have allready put the (setq tramp-debug-buffer t) in
the .emacs
but as the emacs hangs, i must kill him
i join you the result of the tramp-bug (now it simply
not available in my emacs?¿). I hope it is an help.
 when it does not hang i obtain the too files:
debug tramp/multi address@hidden:*
# Opening `multi' connection...
# Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
sh-2.05b$ # Sending rlogin command `ssh proto -l
usuario'
# Waiting for prompts from remote shell
# Waiting 60s for prompt from remote shell
# Sending password

and  *tramp/multi address@hidden:*
address@hidden's password:

hope it help you
thanks
pascal

/multi:ssh:address@hidden:/etc/iptables.conf:su:address@hidden
> > mi *tramp/multi address@hidden:*
> > contiene :
> > address@hidden's password:
> > (i have set setq tramp-debug-buffer t in .emacs)
> > i have seen that if i try
> > /multi:ssh:address@hidden:ssh:address@hidden:/some/path
> > it hangs too...
> > thanks for help
> > (i did not do the bug report because i have no
> trace
> > at all, it simply hangs or give the precedent
> > message...)
>
> Please put (setq tramp-debug-buffer t) in ~/.emacs,
> then reproduce
> the bug again, then show us the *debug tramp/foo*
> and *tramp/foo*
> buffers.
>
> That will tell us where it hangs.
>
> Hm.  But you are seeing "address@hidden's password:" in
> the *tramp/foo*
> buffer.  So why isn't Tramp asking you for the
> password, then?
>
> Perhaps the password prompt regex used by the
> multihop methods
> doesn't match this prompt?
>
> Thanks,
> Kai

Correo Yahoo! - 6MB, más protección contra el spam ¡Gratis!
http://correo.yahoo.es