Re: Release process, syncing with Emacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Release process, syncing with Emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:12:38 +0200

Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:

> So your suggestion is to merge Tramp bugfixes into Emacs CVS right
> away, without waiting for a new 2.0.x version?

In case the problem itself has been found in Emacs CVS. Otherwise, it
doesn't harm to wait for the next Tramp release merged into Emacs CVS.

For XEmacs it might be not applicable because Tramp is offered as
package there (which should correspond to a Tramp release). But I have
no idea how Tramp packages are prepared for XEmacs. It doesn't seem to
happen anymore; the latest Tramp package for XEmacs is 2.0.36, which
is one year old.

> Kai

Best regards, Michael.