Re: Buffer ** has no process

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Buffer ** has no process
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:18:36 +0200

Rolf Dubitzky <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to use tramp and it works nicely, but on one system, I
> can't get a connection.  This system happens to run sshd on port 24.

Rumor has it that it works better to configure ssh to use this port.
For example, put the following in ~/.ssh/config:

Host foo
    HostName foobar.quux.com
    User frumple
    Port 4711

After this, "ssh foo" will connect to host foobar.quux.com, on port
4711, and log you in as user frumple.  This means that you can use
C-x C-f /ssh:foo:/some/file RET to open files there with Tramp.

Does this help?

Kai