Re: Tramp, FTP and zftp builtin command ?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp, FTP and zftp builtin command ?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:19:53 +0200

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> I am a zsh shell user and I have just discovered zsh provided a
> builtin command to deal with FTP: zftp and family.

I have started to use zsh recently, but I still haven't checked out
what zftp does.  Did I miss something?

> I tried to use this feature in conjunction with Tramp in FTP
> mode but it failed.
>
> Has anyone just tried the same ?

I wonder what would be the advantage of that?

> Subsidiary question: is there a way to use lftp with Tramp for
> FTP ? AFAIK, I never succeeded using lftp with ange-ftp and
> tramp only netkit-ftp (ie. the basic ftp client) worked out of
> the box.

Well, Ange-FTP starts the ftp client and then talks to it.  Since
lftp gives different answers than ftp, it doesn't work.

What would be the advantage of using lftp?

Kai