Re: tramp (2.0.49); Failure to finish connection to Tru64 v4.0d system

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.49); Failure to finish connection to Tru64 v4.0d system
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:01:22 +0200

Nelson E Ingersoll <address@hidden> writes:

> Executed these commands manually:
>
>     (setq tramp-default-method "plink")
>     (setq tramp-debug-buffer t tramp-verbose 10)
>
> then performed a simple
>
>     C-x C-f /address@hidden:work/RET
>
> to get a directory listing from which to start working.  Lots of
> activity and then failure following the "Sending the Perl
> `mime-encode' implementations."  sequence.
>
>    This happens every time I attempt to use plink (v0.58) on my Win2K
> system.  I can connect to a SunOS system without trouble.

As Kai already wrote, try a smaller tramp-chunksize. I've scanned
shortly the mail archive; Tru64 has been reported to be bitchy with
longer string chunks. Maybe we should give it a corresponding default
value.

JFTR: both tramp and tramp debug buffers have not been appended to
your mail. You did copy just the