Re: tramp and gdb

From: Joshua Tasman
Subject: Re: tramp and gdb
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:29:16 -0700

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the reply-- I didn't realize I had an older version installed, and 2.1.6 works fine.

-Josh

Michael Albinus wrote:
Joshua Tasman <address@hidden> writes:

According to the latest tramp manual, GNU emacs supports remote gdb
over tramp.  Has anyone gotten this to work?  When I start gdb from
within a tramp buffer, gdb starts in the correct directory, but then
can't load remote files.

Which Tramp version are you using? gdb support is builtin since Tramp
2.1(.5?) AFAIR.

Thanks,

Josh

Best regards, Michael.