Re: XEmacs segfault at startup w/ tramp 2.1.7

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: XEmacs segfault at startup w/ tramp 2.1.7
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:37:02 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I downloaded tramp 2.1.7 to my Mac today.  When I start up XEmacs and the
> new tramp directory is in load-path I get a segmentaion violation.

I haven't tried XEmacs+Tramp for a while, but there was a problem that
XEmacs crashes when the Tramp files haven't been byte-compiled. Looks
like it was because the coding system declared in the first line. IIRC
I've reported that to the XEmacs mailing list, but there was no
response. Maybe we shall reanimate this problem with XEmacs wizards.

In short: try byte-compiled Tramp files.

Best regards, Michael.