Re: login / testing tramp 2.1.7

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: login / testing tramp 2.1.7
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:51:25 +0100

"Alex V. Koval" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Michael,

Hi Alex,

> When you try to open file, for example /ssh:address@hidden:/
> you will get this error. This is clean user installation, nothing
> in .emacs file, and error is still easily reproduced.

That error was simple to fix. The problem is, that I didn't expect
that `getconv PATH` under FreeBSD results a string with a trailing ":".
Just apply the appended patch to tramp.el.

When I use your file "FILEFORTEST" and save it under "aaa", the size
is different, even when setting tramp-chunksize. If you want I could
also check it next days (not tonight, but I'ld like to do); otherwise
you could remove the account.

> Thank you!

Best regards, Michael.