Re: Find-file problem when connecting from Windows box with plink

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Find-file problem when connecting from Windows box with plink
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:55:37 +0100

Jyrki Jaakkola <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Jyrki,

> The steps to produce:
>
> 1. Evaluate following form: (find-file
> "/plink:address@hidden:/home/foo/")
> or alternatively: M-x my-box-homedir
> 2. Choose one of the files
> 3. I get an error at this moment.
>
> If I open remote file without using find-file then the file opens
> without problems. Or if I'm in different buffer than the file list
> buffer which find-file had brought up.

I've installed locally slime, and tried to reproduce. No problem here.
And I'm even not convinced that it is due to slime. The backtrace
shows that a file hasn't been found, although you did select an
existing file. Strange.

And there is the other report from you that you cannot save a file due
to some write problems for a temporary file.

Both problems occur under Windows XP. Unfortunately, that is not my
default environment, reproducing problems there is not so easy for
me.

I'm still in favor assuming unsufficient write problems for whatever
with Windows XP. Do you have a chance to check whether the same
problem happens when your local machine runs another OS?

> Jyrki Jaakkola

Best regards, Michael.